Hello, lovelies. I haven’t posted in over two weeks.
It’s not that I haven’t been writing. I just haven’t been able to finish and post anything since I got back from Bangladesh. There are a million reasons for that, so I might as well give you all a life update. Enjoy.
//I’ve Been So Exhausted
Guys, I got back from Bangladesh two days before classes started. I was effing exhausted. I can honestly tell you that I spent more time asleep than awake the first week. I didn’t experience jetlag when I got to Bangladesh because I was running on adrenaline, but man did I experience that here.
I would either wake up at 4:30 AM or 11 AM (just those two times) and would fall asleep in the middle of the day, and then would go to sleep again before 10.
I barely had enough energy to finish my homework, let alone blog, so I gave myself a free pass last week. I didn’t even attempt to publish anything because I was so exhausted. (I have no excuse for not publishing this week. I was just lazy, but more on that in the next post.)
I don’t even think it was jetlag. I got over that in the first two days. I just needed to catch up on all the sleep I lost while traveling.
//I’ve Lost My Momentum
Right before my trip, I was in the zone and was able to schedule a post for every week of my trip. I would’ve actually been able to post more if the wifi weren’t out at my cousin’s house, but that’s another story. After a month of not regularly blogging, I lost my momentum.
Writer’s block is the wrong word for what I’m experiencing because I have so many blog posts I want to write but not enough energy. A friend of mine told me to take a break, but that’s not the problem. I haven’t posted in two weeks because I haven’t started posting again.
I’m one of those people who once they start, they can keep going for a long time. I always feel so energized once I get into the habit of doing something, which is why I can be productive for long spans of time.
But once I take a long break, I lose that energy and become really lazy. I will literally open the WordPress document, stare at it, then go on YouTube or start reading a book to avoid writing. Once I start, I’m fine. But it takes a lot of mental energy to start again.
So that’s just how I feel right now, which is why I’m publishing this quick life update. Once I post this, I’ll be able to blog productively again. I know myself.
//Classes Started Again
Classes were canceled on the first day because of inclement weather, but I think the biggest reason it was canceled was the football game. Traffic would’ve been insane, but I’m not complaining. It gave me an extra day to get over the jetlag. I was dreading school the next day and was grateful it was canceled.
I think I have a pretty good schedule this semester. It’s way less busy than last semester, which I’m thankful for. This gives me time to pursue other endeavors.
I’m really interested in all my classes. This is the first semester where all my classes are related to my major, which is great. I like all my professors and seem to have a handle on all my courses.
That’s all I have to say about school for now, but expect an update at some point.
It started snowing, so I didn’t have class yesterday or today. I don’t have classes on Fridays, so I’ve collectively had 4 days of school in the last two weeks. There’s still a bunch of black ice on the roads, so some schools are even closed tomorrow, but not mine, not that it matters anyway.
Even so, it’s nice to have a break, but this has unfortunately hindered my ability to establish a routine. I’ve slept in more times than I’d like to admit.
//I’m Still Trying To Establish A Routine
I am so tired of feeling like my life isn’t together. I like having a routine and school closing hasn’t helped that matter. I’m also trying to establish better sleeping habits because I absolutely suck at waking up early and going to sleep on time.
I did manage to unpack though, which is something I’m very proud of. I’m not joking when I say that it usually takes me weeks to unpack from a trip, and the fact that I managed to do it in a matter of days pleases me to no end. At least I managed to get that together.
//I’ve Been Experiencing A Lot Of Back Pain
This started while I was in Chittagong. Whenever I was in cars for a long period of time, I would experience a lot of back pain. I didn’t think much of it, but this continued when I got back to Dhaka, on the plane, and now in the U.S.
After 20-30 minutes of sitting, I experience excruciating pain in my back to the point where I can’t focus in class, which is problematic. I’ve never experienced physical pain like that regularly before. I have an appointment with a doctor, who we’ll ask to refer me to a chiropractor. (Otherwise, they’ll end up just prescribing a bunch of pain meds and sending me on my way.)
Hopefully, nothing is horribly wrong.
//What To Expect In The Next Few Weeks
Here are some blog posts I’m currently working on to give you an idea of what to expect in the next few weeks.
- My 2018 Goals + Word For The Year – I’m almost done, so expect it tomorrow or the day after.
- 2017 Year In Review – This post has been taking forever to write, but I plan on having it up on Monday.
- Weekend At Walt Disney World Recap – I outlined this post when I got back from Orlando, but have yet to add pictures and flesh it out. This will be a fun read.
- What I Got For My 20th Birthday – Again. Fully outlined and almost ready.
- 24 Hours On A Plane – On the first plane trip from Atlanta to Bangladesh, I documented everything hour by hour on my phone. I was very meticulous. The flight was actually more than 24 hours, but that title seems more catchy. I did not document the flight back because there were two stopovers, I was in a lot of pain, and my period started on the plane. Joy! Whatever, I survived.
- Self-Care While Traveling – This is just a post idea. I haven’t written anything yet.
- A Bunch Of Bangladesh Posts – I have so much to say and no idea how to say it without it coming out messily. Honestly, the entire time I was there, it felt surreal. Like it wasn’t even happening. You’ll hear about all that soon.
- How I Got Into Health And Fitness In College – Because this is a college blog, I’ve got to write something about being a student and this seems like a fun topic considering it’s a New Year.
So that’s all I have to say for now. I’m sorry for being AWOL for the last two weeks, but you’ll see more of me soon. Until next time.
What have you been up to the last few weeks? Did you go anywhere fun during Winter Break?